GeoKone.NET has been Updated To Version 0.96.03 Beta.
What is GeoKone ?
GeoKone is an Interactive Sacred Geometry Generator that runs in your browser. With GeoKone you can Generate, Copy, Modify different Recursive Geometrical Formations that are based on Natural Constants like the Golden Ratio. All parameters of the geometry are assignable by the user. You can save your creations either as PNG Images or Export as JSON/Text Parameter Data, suitable to be Imported into GeoKone and edited later. GeoKone uses Processing.JS.
This update brings Improved Usability, More Stability and New Features:
Undo: Last 3 Steps Are Undoable.
- Keyboard shortcut: ‘v’
- Very basic functionality for now, still need to tweak and optimize
Copy Formation along vertex points of currently selected Formation:
- Keyboard shortcut ‘.’ (dot)
- This allows you to copy the currently selected Polyform and place it along the outer points of the current polyform, allowing much easier copying of formations and creation of totally new formations.
Exporting & Importing Scenes as JSON/Text
- Copy & Paste the current Scene as Textual Data. This allows you to save your scenes locally to your computer and Import later to continue editing.
- Importing & Exporting currently works by you Copying and Pasting the scene text into/from GeoKone.
- Expect more improvements on this in upcoming versions. In the future it will be possible to Integrate these GeoKone scenes into other programs, through a small library that will draw GeoKone scenes with OpenGL! :) This could bring a whole new world of possibilities.
- Copying, Joggling and moving Formations around works now better and is more accurate.
- Performance might be a bit slower though, but I will continue optimizing the code and release more often.
More Stylished Looks
- More polished look for the parameter page (although the new Safari has some issues drawing this, seems to affect Mac Os X Lion version only)
- Shortcut buttons for most used features, currently: Randomize, Save Image, Export Scene
Keyboard Shortcut Map
- Help/Keyboard Shortcuts: See more easily what different keyboard buttons do!
Note: Login, Saving & Loading Scenes to the server is still disabled, as the combination of Python+Django+mod_wsgi+Apache seems to be a bit challenging setup to push live. I am seriously considering rewriting the whole server side with Node.JS, but this will take some time. Hopefully I will get the current server implementation working in the upcoming days.
And as with previous releases, GeoKone is still in Beta, so everything doesn’t always work as expected.
Happy Geometry Forming with GeoKone!
Visit http://GeoKone.NET Now! :)