http://GeoKone.NET has been updated! Now with support for Scene Zooming!
Actually there have been a couple of releases since the last blog post here, so I will post here the major changes between those:
- Scene Sharing You can now share your scenes to others with the “Scene/Share Scene” functionality. Eg: http://app.geokone.net/index.html?user_name=sakari&scene_name=HighFrequencyProtons03
- Maximum Workspace, The “Scene/Maximum Workspace” option will maximize workspace and set GeoKone to fullscreen (keyboard shortcuts not working with Safari in fullscreen :( )
- Paramater Sliders, for many of the Formation Parameters, the values are now set with horizontal sliders. This makes it easier to see visually and to adjust with mouse/touch input values.
- Scene Zooming, you can now Zoom in and out of the scene with the toolbar magnifier glass icon. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities and makes GeoKone more intuive and fun to use. Use the keyboard shortcut ‘4’ for easy access. The keys 1-4 can be used for easy access to mouse operations.
- Changed Keyboard shortcuts: Removed Stroke Weight to free up keys, also Child Number Of Points moved to 6/7 and Fixed Number Of Childs Points to Y/U.
- Multiple Formations Copied in correct order, a stupid bug that was there for a couple of releases, if you had multiple formations selected with Mod All and copied them, they were copied in the reverse order, resulting in incorrect arrangement. Now it works properly.
For full list of changes, see the ChangeLog.
Haven’t updated this site for a long time, because I’ve been busy working on what is going to be the next version of GeoKone, but something completely different .. let me just say that meditative, sound and Oculus Rift are the focus for the software I am now working on .. It will be something totally mindblowing :)
Good things are happening, I’ve been demoing a tech demo of this to a handful of people and all of them have been impressed by the results, we are now in the process of looking for a team of people to take this thing forwards. More on this as we get more concrete results, at this point I don’t want to spill too much as the software is still finding it’s shape, but I can say we are aiming for the release of Oculus Rift consumer version. Hopefully will make it!
Create Geometry! Have Fun!
Now go to http://www.GeoKone.NET and start playing around with Recursive Geometry!